I’ve always been a big fan of lists. I had a bucket list of goals for my senior year of college and I was thrilled to complete it. Now that I’m out of college and don’t have as much free time, I realize that it’s going to take me prioritizing the things that I really want to do in order to make them happen. The weekends are only so long!
So, I got the idea from Mackenzie at Design Darling to make a list of 101 things I want to do in 1001 days. For tracking purposes, I’m starting today, July 13, 2014. That means that April 9, 2017 will mark the last day to complete my goals. (This day just so happens to be my best friend Maddie’s 25th birthday!)
Without further ado, I present to you…
101 in 1001:
1. Open an IRA (and invest in it consistently). (401K but it counts – June 2017)
2. Save up three months’ worth of emergency savings. (March 2015)
3. Be debt-free. (January 2015 and I am PSYCHED!)
4. Improve credit score. (August 2014)
5. Save spare change for a month and donate it.
6. Visit New York City with my mom and Grammy.
7. Visit Henrike in the Netherlands.
8. Take my brother Reid on a surprise trip.
9. Visit Austin and Rebecca.
10. Go on a camping trip. (April 2015 – Lake Powell and Zion National Park with James Westmark)
11. Go on another cruise.
12. Travel to a new continent.
13. Go on a trip with Maddie Geis. (March 2015 – Denver, CO to visit Tyler Strickland)
14. Go on a trip with Drew Branch. (Visited him in San Francisco in February 2016)
15. Drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway with Sam Utesch. (October 2014)
16. Go to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
Health and fitness
17. Train for and run a 5K. (November 2014)
18. Train for and run a 10K.
19. Get a professional massage. (October 2015)
20. Try a juice cleanse.
21. Go to a rock climbing gym. (March 2015)
22. Go horseback riding.
23. Hit the gym at least 3 times a week for 3 months. (Completed April 2015)
24. Walk 24 miles in 24 hours.
25. Visit a chiropractor.
26. Eat vegetarian for a week.
27. Run 1 mile a day for two weeks.
28. Take a self defense class. (March 2015)
29. Go skiing again. (February 2015 – Winterplace in WV and March 2015 – Copper Mountain in CO)
30. Take a yoga class. (September 2014)
31. See an NBA game.
32. See an MLB game. (June 2015 – Miami Marlins at Cincinnati Reds with Blaire Shoor; July 2017 – Miami Marlins at San Francisco Giants)
33. Attend a Gator football game as an alumna. (September 2014 – August’s game got rained out!)
34. Attend a Gator basketball game as an alumna.
Reading and writing
35. Write a book.
36. Participate in a book club.
37. Host a book exchange party.
38. Leave notes in my favorite books at a bookstore.
39. Host a letter-writing party. (September 2015 – Snack & Share at work!)
40. Journal every day for a month. (July 2015)
41. Get a library card. (July 2014)
42. Read 20 new books. (October 2014)
43. Write to each of my grandparents. (April 2015)
44. Subscribe to a magazine I love. (May 2016)
45. Write 100 letters. (Completed April 2016)
46. Send Christmas cards. (December 2015)
47. Write and mail 20 birthday cards. (June 2016)
48. Send my mom surprise flowers. (July 2014)
49. Leave a 100 percent tip for excellent service. (August 2014 – $35.03 on $35.03 for Drew Hart’s birthday dinner!)
50. Give 5 “just because” gifts. (Completed April 2015)
51. Donate blood again (and don’t get sick afterward). (Attempted and failed February 2015) (Attempted again and got sick yet again July 2017)
52. Treat a friend to a pedicure. (October 2014)
53. Buy a table of strangers dinner anonymously. (June 2015 at Taco Mamacita)
54. Bake someone a birthday cake.
55. Bring treats to the office. (August 2014)
56. Make a stationery set for someone.
57. Surprise a friend with homemade treats (April 2015)
58. Kiss someone at midnight on New Year’s Eve. (Dec. 31, 2016)
59. Sing at an open mic night. (July 2014)
60. See one of my best friends get married. (April 2016 #HappilyEverHermano)
61. Learn to confidently drive a stick shift car.
62. Go to a flea market. (July 2015)
63. Go to a fair. (October 2014)
64. Go on a tour of a brewery. (October 2014)
65. Get a makeover. (December 2015)
66. Go skinny dipping. (April 2015)
67. Kiss under mistletoe.
68. Go to a fashion show.
Around the house
69. Redo a piece of furniture. (July 2015)
70. Eat all meals at home for a week. (August 2016)
71. Make my bed every day for a month. (July 2015)
72. Host a Christmas party. (December 2014)
73. Host a board game night. (March 2015)
74. Spend an entire day in pajamas. (December 2015)
75. Host a dinner party (and cook everything myself). (Bachelor premiere party in January 2016; no food was really cooked but I entertained 12 guests.)
All the rest
76. Go to bed by 11 pm every night for a week.
77. Move to a new city. (June 2015 – Nashville; June 2017 – San Francisco)
78. Watch the sun rise on the beach. (May 2015)
79. Throw a surprise party.
80. Go see a musical. (July 2014 – A Chorus Line, Gainesville Community Playhouse)
81. Get a new passport.
82. Watch Frozen.
83. Build a snowman. (February 2015 and January 2016)
84. Join a professional organization. (July 2014 – Gainesville Chapter of FPRA)
85. Put a message in a bottle and send it to sea. (May 2015)
86. Sip on a fancy cocktail at a rooftop bar. (June 2015 with Blaire Shoor in Cincinnati)
87. Stay off social media for a week. (No Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram or Twitter from January 27 – February 3, 2016)
88. Have a picnic. (July 2015 at Arrington Vineyards with Rachel Morse and Alli)
89. Hit 5,000 views on my blog. (May 2015)
90. Go a week without complaining.
91. Take a painting class. (November 2014 with Heather Brandt)
92. Buy myself lingerie. (July 2016)
Frame my college diploma. (February 2015)
94. Play a game of Monopoly. (February 2015)
95. Share my faith with a stranger. (October 2016; flight from Dallas to Nashville.)
96. Meet someone famous. (July 2015 – met Ben Rector in Michael’s near my house while HOLDING HIS LYRICS in my hands looking for a frame for them.)
97. Go on a blind date. (August 2015)
98. Watch a film in a foreign language (subtitles are allowed).
99. Go to a rodeo.
100. Visit a zoo. (October 2014)
101. Do something unpredictable. (Hitchhiked home in a snowstorm, January 2016)
Other things I did that could/should have been on this list:
102. Go to an NFL game. (December 2014 – Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Tennessee Titans; Jags won!)
103. Go to an NHL game. (March 2015 – Colorado Avalanche vs. Calgary Flames; Avs won!)
104. Go to a Gators away game. (September 2015 – UF @ Kentucky; UF won!)
105. Have my heart broken for the first time. (2015)
106. Get in a car accident. (December 2015)
107. Buy my first car on my own. (January 2016)
108. Ride a mechanical bull. (September 2016 – lasted 37 seconds!)