At the beginning of the fall semester, I sat with my roommate Maddie under the twinkly lights of a bar patio downtown. Phone in hand, we made lists of our goals for this final year of college.
I have already checked off more than half of mine from that original list.
Update: As of June 2014, I have checked off all the original items from my list! The only one left is a bonus–attend a Chick-fil-A opening. I’ll do it eventually!
1. Make straight A’s for a semester (I got straight A’s the whole year!)
2. Meet an artist whose music I love
3. Start a blog (and write regularly)
4. Go to a driving range (update: went on 4/29/14)
5. Get a major haircut (update: chopped on 5/17/14)
6. Write encouraging letters to companies
7. Learn to surf (update: went on 3/27/14)
8. Get rid of a lot of “things”
9. Send lots of snail mail
10. Secure a post-grad “big girl” job (update: signed offer letter on 6/9/14)
In January, I added two bonus items to the original list:
11. Improve and build credit score
12. Attend a Chick-fil-A opening
I am going to do everything in my power to check off these remaining items (particularly #10, don’t worry Mom) in the last few months of college. I’ll definitely share as I experience some of them… I feel pretty confident some funny stories will result from surfing and the driving range!