The cat’s out of the bag—I’m moving to San Francisco in just a few weeks! Considering the fact that I visited the Golden State 7 times in the last 18 months, it’s probably no surprise that I’m making the leap.
There are so many exciting things about this move.
- It’s San Francisco.
- I’ll finally get to live in the same place as Scott.
- I’ll get to start a new job with new challenges and coworkers and projects.
- I’ll get to explore a part of the country I didn’t get to in my first 25 years living in the South.
- I’m going to get really, really good at dressing in layers.
- I’m going to eat so much good Chinese food. (And all kinds of food.)
- I’m fulfilling my goal for my 20s of living in different kinds of places and experiencing adventure!
I’ll be totally honest and say that there are a few scary parts about this move, too.
- I’m leaving behind a lot of wonderful friends and coworkers in Nashville.
- I’m moving ~2,500 miles from my family.
- I don’t have a job lined up yet, and it’s scary to leave behind a job without having a new one secured.
- The cost of living in San Francisco is high. You don’t have to tell me this—I’m aware!
Ultimately, I’m just so pumped to start this new chapter. Scott and I have been doing the long distance thing for about a year now, and while I love FaceTiming him at the end of each day, I’d much rather see his face in person! While eating Chinese food, wearing layers, and living in San Francisco.
PS – I’m applying and interviewing for jobs now—if you work at a great company with an SF location, please give me a shout! Also, if you ever find yourself in the Bay area, you now have one more friend to call.