Whoa, where did the last many, many months go? What have I been doing? How has my blog gone so utterly untouched?
Here’s a little glimpse at what I’ve been up to, in no particular order:
- Watching Hallmark Christmas movies since November 1
- Starting and re-starting the fifth Harry Potter book for four months and counting
- Walking the aisles of Target and buying things I don’t need
- Looking at pictures of dogs, kids, and dogs with kids on Instagram
- Reading travel blogs and planning dream trips to places like Iceland and Amsterdam
- Talking to my (super, absurdly) long-distance boyfriend into the wee hours of the night
- Getting addicted to Westworld, live texting each episode and exchanging theories with said boyfriend
- Seeing how long I can go without doing laundry until I run out of undies
- Watching old (and current) episodes of Survivor and wishing I was a contestant
- Thinking about chopping my hair off (but not actually chopping my hair off)
- Listening to Christmas music and anxiously awaiting the month of December
- Drinking Diet Coke
So there you have it—it’s a thrilling life I lead. I’m going to try to get back into the groove of blogging in the coming weeks, but alas, my late-night phone calls, Survivor marathons and trips to Target may continue to take precedence. (I’m just being honest.)
Where has the time gone? I feel like I blinked and 2015 is nearly over.
I’ve been at my job for five months now and I can hardly believe it! It feels like just yesterday I was a new kid at the office, trying to overcome a massive learning curve. Now, I feel pretty confident and comfortable in my day-to-day, and am even ready to kick things up with a new challenge or project!Alli and I have been going to a LOT of concerts. I do mean a LOT. We’ve seen Of Monsters and Men, Ben Rector, Judah & the Lion, The Neighbourhood, George Ezra, Kodaline, ZZ Ward and about two dozen indie/up-and-coming artists and bands. We typically go to at least one show a week, and I wouldn’t have it any other way! (That’s what I envisioned, after all, when I saw myself living in Nashville.)This weekend, my best friend Maddie is visiting and I know we’ll have an absolute blast. I’m planning on taking her to a vineyard, to my favorite coffee shop and everywhere in between. I may even drag her out hiking! I am so looking forward to having some in-person time with my best friend to catch up. After all, we’ve known each other ten years and lived together for three of those years…it’s been a long five months apart!
As you can see, life’s been busy! With only 65 days until Christmas, I know that I’m going to wake up and it’s going to be 2016 before I know it. (And I’ll be turning 24 before then!) It’s starting to cool off in Nashville, and I’m excited for a winter of snow, hot drinks and cozy sweaters.
I can’t believe that a month has already come and gone in 2014. I still find myself writing “13” for the year in the dates on papers and cards. And yet here we are, February 11. Less than 3 months until my college graduation. Exactly 10 months until my 23rd birthday.
A lot has happened in the last month. I met someone new who I’ve been spending a lot of time with. I surprised my younger brother in Jacksonville a few weeks ago. I took this same little brother to Hollywood Studios in Orlando this past weekend. I quit my job. We got 67 new members in the student organization I’m involved with and I’ve been getting to know all of them. I started playing on two intramural teams (sand volleyball and soccer). I watched more Suits than should be legal. (Clearly I’ve maintained my punny nature in 2014.)
I’ve found that I’ve been so busy actually living my life that I haven’t stopped to blog about it! What kind of millenial am I?!
I’m going to get back into the groove of blogging now, I can promise you that. It’s not that I haven’t had my share of awkward stories and encounters (I’ve got a great one from Hollywood Studios that I’ll share soon); those will never stop. And as long as you’ll keep reading, I’ll keep (over)sharing.