If you know me, you know how much I love to travel! This page is, more than anything, a place for me to reminisce and jog my memory about the adventures I’ve had and the friends I’ve hosted.
- We visited Monterey and Capitola for a little wedding planning weekend! We found the perfect happy hour spot, a beautiful location for our first look, and I did my hair and makeup trial!
- We took a very, very quick 24 hour trip to Seattle for Jess Renfro’s housewarming party! Jess took us to the Fremont Brewery and Pike’s Place. We did find time to see Eric and Kalley for breakfast, and we scoped out the Museum of Pop Culture before flying back to the Bay Area. Seattle surprised us with gorgeous, sunny weather on this January weekend!
- I visited London for work! I spent a week there before Scott flew over and joined me for some vacation time! We went to the Hyde Park winter wonderland, walked around and saw all of London’s gorgeous Christmas light displays, took in a West End show (Company—I also saw Mamma Mia before Scott arrived), and more. We visited the WB Studio Tour of Harry Potter on my birthday and Scott nerded out seeing all the costumes, sets, etc. from the films. We also took a little 1.5 day trip up to Edinburgh, Scotland where it was crazy cold but also sooo beautiful.
- We visited Denver for Christmas! We spent some time with Scott’s family and ate way too many of his mom’s chocolate chip cookies.
- We visited Atlanta to see my family for Thanksgiving! We also went dress shopping and I found my wedding dress at BHLDN!
- I went to the Talent Connect conference with my boss in early October. It was down in Anaheim and the highlight was definitely the night they shut down Disney’s California Adventure and the conference attendees got the whole park to ourselves. The Guardians of the Galaxy ride (formerly Tower of Terror) and the Incredicoaster were my two favorites!
- Scott and I traveled to NYC for a couple days, where we saw friends (Timy and Ashley + Mara), explored Central Park, did an NBC Studio Tour and took in a show at the Comedy Cellar! Then we went on to Iceland for our long awaited adventure! We spent time in Reykjavik and Vik, and traveled all along Iceland’s southern coast. Highlights included gorgeous waterfalls and tons of horses, the Northern Lights (in Thingvellir National Park), visiting the Blue Lagoon, and an awesome Icelandic food tour.
- We visited Denver for Scott’s 10 year high school reunion! We saw friends, went to a Rockies/Dodgers game, and got to see The Source Hotel (that Scott’s brother-in-law Justin has been working on for almost 5 years) and have lunch at Safta. It was a quick trip but a good one!
- We visited Florida, specifically Orlando and Gainesville! We watched Scott’s alma mater (CSU) play at my alma mater (UF) for the first time in more than 50 years. Of course my Gators won 🙂 It was a blast to show Scott around my old stomping grounds. We also spent 4 days down in Orlando, visiting all the Disney parks (favorite ride was probably Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom or Slinky Dog Dash at Hollywood Studios) as well as Harry Potter world at Universal!
- Scott’s parents visited us in San Francisco and the four of us ventured down to Monterey, so we could show them our wedding venue and scout out rehearsal spots!
- We went down to San Luis Obispo for our friends’ wedding reception! We had a blast celebrating Mike and Claire and we took the long way (through Big Sur) back to San Francisco. It was a scenic and beautiful drive!
- We visited Pensacola and New Orleans! We FINALLY got to meet our niece Amelia and Scott got to experience NOLA for the first time! It was crazy hot but we had a blast.
- We took a trip to Los Angeles to hang out with Michael and Caroline. We hiked in Griffith Park, drove around Beverly Hills, went to an amazing comedy show at The Groundlings, and had so much fun!
- We traveled to Sacramento for Memorial Day weekend! We went to a wedding on Saturday, and spent a lazy Sunday by the pool and watching Apollo 13! Sacramento weirdly reminded me of Gainesville—architecture, weather, everything!
- We took a day trip up to Sonoma to visit Gloria Ferrer, the winery where we have a membership!
- I surprised Scotty with a trip to San Diego! He didn’t know where we were going, or what we were doing. We went to the zoo, ate some amazing food, and had a great time in a city we love exploring new neighborhoods!
- We hosted Reid in San Francisco for his spring break!
- We took a day trip to Stinson Beach.
- We spent a weekend in Monterey! We ate great food, saw some beautiful spots, and did a little shopping.
- Scott and I went to Santa Cruz for a Valentine’s getaway (and to celebrate two years since the day we met)! We had a relaxing trip that included good food, lots of movies + tv, and a great day riding amusement park rides + bowling at the boardwalk.
- Scott and I flew back to San Francisco on New Year’s Day. We’d left our car in a street parking spot for 10 days and were scared about what we might find upon our return…but to my pleasant surprise, our car was unscathed, untowed, and unticketed!
- We visited Lake Tahoe and stayed in a Truckee mountain cabin with a bunch of friends on MLK weekend! We took Friday and Monday off and skied at Squaw and ice skated at NorthStar. We didn’t have any fresh snow but it was still a great time.
- I went on a work trip with Guidebook to South Lake Tahoe! We sang karaoke, hot tubbed, and skied. It was a blast!
- Scott and I spent our first Christmas together! We flew to Pensacola, FL where we saw basically every member of my family, ever, as well as some of my oldest friends. He was such a trooper about our packed schedule and I loved getting to show him around my hometown!
- Scott and I flew from Pensacola to Denver to ring in the New Year! We caught up with his close friends and spent lots of quality time with his family. Our time in Denver always feels too short (and this time, too cold)!
- Scott and I spent our first Thanksgiving together! We flew out to Denver to be with his family. We had a blast—eating a ton, playing board games, cutting down a Christmas tree, and more. His family is such a joy to be around! Read more about that trip here.
- Scott and I took a day trip down to Half Moon Bay for a pumpkin patch + Bernese Mountain Dog meet-up and some beach time!
- I traveled with my boss to Nashville for LinkedIn’s Talent Connect conference!
- I took a second trip to Nashville for an appointment and to see friends.
- I hosted friends from Florida, Justine and Kelsey, in San Francisco for a weekend full of activity! We walked the Embarcadero, ate at Burma Superstar and Iza Ramen, shopping in Hayes Valley, and checked out Dolores Park!
- Scott and I hosted his parents in San Francisco for Labor Day weekend! We took day trips to Sonoma and Stinson Beach, and ate one of the best meals ever in the city at Rich Table.
- We headed down to Burlingame for a little pre-anniversary staycation! Board games + tons of college football + lazy weekend + sunshine = perfection.
- Scott and I flew out to Denver so I could (finally) meet his family in person! We had an awesome time. We went to go see The Head and the Heart at Red Rocks, watched the Rockies beat the Mets, and spent lots of time around the dinner table with his family. We also took a one night getaway to Fort Collins, Scott’s college town! He showed me all his old stomping grounds, and we took a tour of New Belgium.
- Not a “trip” but worth noting—Scott and I went to Outside Lands Music Festival for 3 days in San Francisco! We saw artists like Future Islands, Vance Joy, The Avett Brothers, Lorde, DAWES, Bleachers, and more.
- Scott and I went down to Capitola (in the Santa Cruz area) for a 4th of July day trip!
- I spent a day in Napa Valley with friends from college!
- I spent a week at home (redoing my childhood bedroom into a more adult guest room) in Pensacola.
- Scott and I spent time with my family in Atlanta!
- I drove from Atlanta > Dallas > Phoenix > San Francisco for my move! I was so happy to finally be in SF, but let’s just say I am never making that long drive again—especially by myself!
- Scott and I went up to Sebastopol (in Sonoma County) for a winery day with our friends Kasey and Eric.
- As I mentioned below, Scott and I started our first day of May by waking up in Sebastopol and driving to Bodega Bay! We then headed back to San Francisco for my last night of the trip.
- I traveled to Madison, WI with babysitting clients.
- Scott and I met up in San Diego for a 4-day Memorial Day getaway! We stayed in Ocean Beach and had an amazing time going to the San Diego Zoo, jet skiing, eating good food, and more.
- I spent a long weekend in NYC with friends!
- I spent a long weekend in Atlanta with my grandparents.
- I celebrated Scott’s 27th birthday with him in San Francisco, and my gift to him was an overnight getaway to Sonoma County! I rented a car and an Airbnb in Sebastopol, and we went to Jacuzzi Family Vineyards and Kunde Family Winery (and then onto Russian River Brewery). The next day, we went to Bodega Bay, where we ate great seafood and hiked along the coast at Bodega Head.
- I went to Atlanta, GA for a weekend with my grandparents and their 4-month-old pooch, Winston!
- I visited Scotty in San Francisco for a quick weekend trip. We took a day trip down to Moss Beach and Santa Cruz, and spent an entire Sunday in Golden Gate park!
- I took a very spontaneous, whirlwind trip to San Francisco to see Scott! January was a rough month for me and I knew getting to spend some time with my favorite guy would cheer me up. (It did!)
- Scott came out to see me in Nashville! We had the best time checking things off our list (like doing an Escape Room, eating at 5th and Taylor, finding another photo booth, etc). We never feel like we have enough time together, but I’m so thankful for every day we get!
- I spent the first week of 2017 in San Francisco with Scott. We ate delicious food, saw La La Land, had the best date of our lives (The Speakeasy SF), and just had the best time.
- I spent MLK weekend in Atlanta with my grandparents. Always a good idea.
- I spent four days at home in Pensacola for Christmas!
- I flew to San Francisco on New Year’s Eve to spend time with Scotty!
- I traveled to Birmingham, AL to meet up with Christa and Addison and visit Meredith! It was a short but great gal pals weekend.
- I went to Atlanta to my grandparents’ house for Thanksgiving!
- I visited Scott in San Francisco! We had the best time exploring his city, and he got to show me some of his favorite spots and introduce me to his best friends and sister-in-law. He also surprised me and took me to Big Sur (a travel DREAM of mine) for part of our trip, where we stayed in an adorable little cottage and I fell further in love with the west coast.
- My friend Jordan came all the way from West Virginia to see me for the first weekend of October! We shopped a lot, went to the Florida / Vanderbilt football game (Go Gators), and went out on Broadway. It was so good to see her!
- My boyfriend Scott paid me a visit in the middle of the month! It had been 7 months since we’d last seen each other (when we met on my trip to San Francisco in February), and we had the best time. We went to an Amos Lee concert at Ascend, ate at some of my favorite spots around town (Rosepepper, Two Ten Jack, Jeni’s), went on the Corsair distillery tour, drove on the Natchez Trace Parkway down to Franklin, and more! We also ~made it official~ at the end of this trip, woohoo! Haha.
- Visited my gal pal Justine in Dallas, TX for Labor Day weekend! We explored fun neighborhoods like Deep Ellum, Bishop Arts District, and Lower Greenville, and had a blast catching up.
- Hosted my BFF of 20+ years, Meredith, for a much needed gal pal weekend in Nash! We shopped, went out on the town, ate Mexican food, and stayed up late having girl talk—all good things.
- Visited my hometown (Pensacola, FL) for the annual Blue Angels Air Show, and then went on to Tallahassee to see the first of my childhood friends get married! Had a great time reuniting with my hometown girlfriends, soaking up the sun, hitting the dance floor, and celebrating Kendall and Gavin!
- Spent the 4th of July long weekend in Atlanta visiting my grandparents. Did lots of shopping, Jeopardy and Olympic trials-watching, and eating!
- Visited Ft. Lauderdale with nine friends from Nashville for an epic girls’ trip! We rented a house (basically the Bachelor mansion) right on the beach with a pool and enjoyed tons of margs, beach time and girl talk. It was amazing!
- Traveled to Atlanta to see my grandparents for Mother’s Day and my grandfather’s 76th birthday!
- Visited Savannah and Tybee Island, GA with my childhood best friend Taylor for a much-needed girls’ weekend!
- Traveled to Orlando to see Mara, one of my best college girlfriends get married! Got to go to Disney World and spend so much quality time with amazing girls!
- Hosted my college friend, Katelyn, for a weekend in Nashville before she moves to Liverpool, England in May!
- Visited New York City for a weeklong adventure! Worked at the NYC office and met coworkers I’d been waiting to meet forever, hung out with friends from my hometown and college, and celebrated Mara’s bachelorette party!
- Visited my guy friend Drew in San Francisco for four days of eating, drinking and exploring. I. Love. That. City. And I met some amazing people!
- Hosted Jeanine, Justine, Kelsey and Lisa for MLK weekend in Nashville! We hiked at Narrows of the Harpeth, went out on Broadway, shopped Hillsboro Village, ate Jeni’s and more!
- Traveled to my hometown (Pensacola, FL) for a few days at Christmas!
- Visited my grandparents in Atlanta for a weekend of relaxing and college football.
- Went back to Atlanta for Thanksgiving with my mom’s side of the family!
- Traveled to South Bend, Indiana. Went to a Notre Dame football game (against USC)!
- Hosted my old roommate Maddie for a weekend in Nash full of vineyard time, good food and shopping!
- Traveled to South Bend, Indiana and then on to Cleveland (Bay Village), Ohio. Saw my first Great Lake (Lake Erie – so beautiful).
- Traveled to Lexington, Kentucky to meet up with Jordan and Evan and watch the Gators defeat the Wildcats!
- Hosted my friend of nearly twenty years, Taylor, for a weekend in Nash!
- Went home to Pensacola, FL to see family and friends for a long weekend. Stopped in Birmingham to see Meredith (my BFF of two decades) for an afternoon!
- Traveled to South Bend, Indiana.
- Spent time on day trips in Cookeville, TN and Rock Island, TN hiking, exploring and swimming. Read all about those adventures here.
- Visited my friend Blaire in Cincinnati! We had a great time, shopping and eating in OTR, going to a Reds game, having drinks on a rooftop bar and just spending time with each other before she moves to Italy.
- Went to Atlanta to see my grandparents and celebrate my Grammy’s 70th birthday!
- Visited my hometown of Pensacola one last time before making my big move to Nashville. Spent time catching up with old friends and seeing lots of family.
- I spent five days hiking, camping and exploring with my friend James out west! I flew to Las Vegas where he picked me up and we headed to Lake Powell for three nights (on the Arizona/Utah border). Then, we headed to Zion National Park for two nights. Read more about that trip here!
- During the second week of March, Maddie and I flew from Orlando to Denver to visit our friend from college, Tyler! We made day trips to Boulder and Fort Collins and I absolutely fell in love with the state. I would totally live there someday! Read about that trip here.
- I spent the first full weekend of February in Marietta, GA with my grandparents. We went shopping, hiking and watched a bunch of sports (awesome Hawks win, disappointing Gators loss).
- I traveled to Bluefield, WV during the third weekend in February! Read all about that trip here.
- I started 2015 off in my hometown of Pensacola, where I enjoyed a few days before heading back to Gainesville.
- Went home to Pensacola for a crazy-long Christmas break!
- Hosted my best guy friend Drew for the ultimate Gainesville experience weekend, filled with breweries, Gator football and showing him my “places.”
- Drove to my grandparents’ house in Atlanta for Thanksgiving break.
- Visited a friend in Boone, North Carolina.
- Went home again to Pensacola for my little brother’s 16th birthday, a baby shower and the fair. Three for the price of one!
- Hosted my friend Katelyn (who lives in England now) for a weekend in Gainesville where we had fun pretending we were in college again.
- Visited my grandparents (AKA favorite people) in Atlanta.
- Visited my mentor Jordan in Plant City. Spent a day boating and water-skiing. Went to a winery (which I can’t disclose) because I rebelled for the first time in my life and stole a wine glass from there.
- Visited my family in Pensacola.
- Went to Alligator Point to stay at a beach house with approximately 10 boys. Well, one particular boy, and a bunch of his friends. It was quite the memorable senior spring break.
- Went to a final round job interview in Chicago. Didn’t get the job. Wound up being the best thing [not] to happen.